Tuesday 8 April 2014

I Will Never Trust My Eyes Again After Seeing This. It’s Beautifully Mind-Blowing.


These images below are not photographs. Yeah, seriously…
As unbelievable as it may sound, these are all hand-painted paintings by artist Jason
 de Graaf. His hyperrealistic paintings are all created with incredibly delicate brush strokes
that result in the appearance of a high definition photograph more than a painting.
Jason says this about his work:

My paintings are about staging an alternate reality, an illusion of verisimilitude on the painted surface.
 I try to use objects as a vehicle to express myself, tell a story or least hint at something
 beyond what is actually painted. Therefore I try to choose objects that have meaning
to me or are artifacts from my life.

Jason de Graaf at work…in his own painting. This piece is simply titled “Untitled”.
“Ice Palace”
“Parallel Lines That Never Meet”
“Tandem”
“Citadel”
“A Perfect Day In Which Nothing Really Happened”
“Pachyderm’s Dilemma”
You could say his work is quite…reflective.
Clearly he’s some sort of a magician, or he sold his soul for this exceptional talent. 
It’s the only way to explain this.
                                               Please share it  and like us on facebook
         
..
..