Saturday 12 July 2014

What This Guy Did With A Bus From 1948 Is Unbelievable. Look Inside – I WANT ONE!


In May 2012, freelance Surf-craft builder Ryan Lovelace met a new love in the
form an old Chevy bus from 1948. He named her Ophelia.
His blog post about the day he bought her says it all:
Late May 2012 – The day I bought Ophelia.  The 1948 Chevy bus I found 
 on craigslist that was described as, “Runs, Drives, Stops, Registered.”
That was all I had to know.
Since then, Ryan has worked tirelessly to refurbish Ophelia and has successfully
turned her into his new rolling home
A picture from the day he bought Ophelia.
As part of the refurbishment, Ryan added a bedroom
 pad to the top of the bus.
The bedroom pad in its early stages of construction.
Ryan’s inspiration for redesigning Ophelia was a DIY bus
 from a 1979 book called Rolling Homes.
The view out from the finished bedroom pad.
Wow. The finished interior of Ophelia looks amazing.
He also added a small antique stove.
Ryan’s dog Herbie settling in.
The second coming of Ophelia.
That’s it… I’m going to start looking on Craigslist for a 1948 bus of my own. 
Before you do the same, give me a head start by sharing this story below.
..
..