Wednesday 11 June 2014

Puppy In Need Walks Up To Man At Work, This Is How He Reacts...



one day, I found this little guy.I was working at a wood flooring 
factory when I looked at the other end of the hangar length
 building to see a little puppy  puppy:
I instantly wanted to abandon post and grab the thing for 
cuddles but I had to work to get done.
This pup wasn't having none of that thought. He walked up 
to me and stared at me with his huge eyes. 
I pet him and noticed instantly that he was flea coverd,
 matted and not in the bestphysical shape. 
As I looked closer I realized that he had a lot of gray
around his muzzle, ears and face.
“I got him chicken-ish fast food during my lunchbecause 
he was so thin that I could feel his bones. 
I started sendingthese pictures to my wife planning on 
pleading to bring him home. I didn’t have to because she 
beat me to the punch.” “I thought that I would have to 
herd him away from doors all day until I could clock out 
and take him home. the little guy fell asleep on the floor 
and stayed there all day.”
When they got him home, they cleaned him up, removing 
dozens of fleas, and brought him to the vet. 
His impressive list of existing conditions were: 
1. Stunted growth from malnutrition. 
2. Cataracts and one small pupil from blunt forcetrauma to
 the head. 3. Ulcers in his stomach causing vomiting. 
4. Four oronasal fistulas in his mouth caused by his teeth
 rotting out of his head. 5. Completely deaf.
And they landed on him being a Shetland Sheepdog, an
 age of somewhere between 8 and 12 with a weigh-in of 7.3 lbs.
“After a surgery on the fistulas, a strict medicinal regiment, months 
of spoiling and a family who loved him as much as two children 
and then some; Toothless (Nickname added by our Five year 
old daughter because of her love for How To Train Your
 Dragon) Rooster Cogburn was a dashing elderly gentleman.
Following this, “Toothless” was treated like royalty,
 living the good life he deserved.
No longer living in the cold, but occasionally enjoying it instead.       
Playing dress up…           
Cutest Who in Whoville ;) 


and he sure got aplenty of opportunity.
All this time though, Toothless Rooster Cogburn was given
 three months to one year to live. He made it to one year before
 he got too sick to grace us with his awesomeness for one more
 day.

Finally, on June 2, 2014; “I watched the greatest friend, most loving 
pet and the most heroic fighter I’ve ever met sink into a well 
deserved final nap while his mother and I held his paws.”
“I never thought I could love a pet as much as I loved him; 
as much as we loved him. Everyone who met him instantly 
loved him. His vets, our friends, a theater full of patrons when 
he performed a walk-on role in a play. He truly was one of a kind.
 We hope that we gave him enough good memories to wipe out 
any bad ones that came before.”
a little over a year ago, my wife and i lost two children 
back-to back through miscarriage, at that
point in our new marriage we had already dealt with so much a
nd losing those potential lives served as a bottomless pit;
 a hole that seem unlike we would ever fill. 
until we met toothless. 


..
..